Saturday, February 25, 2012

Gratitudes of the Day(s)

I slacked last night and did not get my gratitudes done, so today I'm making up for it. This is the last week of this exercise, then we return to regularly scheduled programming.

1. Very grateful for the weather in Denver today. It was around 65 and not a cloud in the sky. Any time you can walk around in shorts and a tshirt in February, that's a damn fine day.

2. Grateful for the massage I got yesterday from my friend Lynda. I don't have anything specifially wrong, was just looking for an all around She is very VERY good with all manner of soft tissue work and massage. If you have some soft tissue hurting, it's a fairly safe bet Lynda can help out. LifeSport Chiropractic is my main clinic for adjustments, rehab and spinal health. I recommend them to any and all athletes as Dr. Lisa works with some of the best in the world. In the same office, I have to also say that Marcos Mejias is the best sports massage therapist that I know. His massages will leave you wincing for days but your body feels brand new.

3. Grateful to have been able to see my friend Rachel off to Africa last night. She's off to work in an HIV clinic for a few months and enter what Mark Twain referred to as "The Territory". I wish her all the best.

4. Grateful to get a sprint and a lift in today. Feels good to run outside in the spikes and I'm hoping that I can do it regularly once the weather officially turns for the better.

5. I am also grateful for the opportunity to get involved with my rugby club, the Denver Barbarians, again. Not in a playing capacity, although that might be an option for summer 7's as long as my shoulder would allow me to tackle. Wait, what am I saying; no one tackles in 7's. ;)  I'm helping out with some of the administrative work that needs to be done behind the scenes as we get into the Super League season. I am very out of the loop with the rugby crowd so this should be challenging and a good time.

6. Grateful for Epsom Salt right now, because my legs are starting to get REAL stiff.

Bonus: I am grateful that this happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment