Thursday, February 23, 2012

Gratitudes of the Day

1. Grateful to be spending a chunk of Thursday night listening to this: http://www.npr.org/event/music/147154117/live-thursday-galactic-in-concert-with-the-soul-rebels?ps=mh_frhdl1. They put on an awesome show. Scoring tickets to see them and The Aggrolites on St Patricks Day here in Denver.

2. Grateful for some new reading material that is non-financial in nature. I picked up Let Us Now Praise Famous Men and The Pursuit of Power for some intellectual reading. For some personal and spiritual reading, I picked up Sit Down and Shut Up: Punk Rock Commentaries on Buddha, God, Truth, Sex, Death and Dogen's Treasury of the Right Dharma Eye. I don't identify/gravitate/follow with any one religion in particular. I've been to sun dances and sweat lodge with many Native American friends, prayed with Tibetan friends and gone to Mass with Catholic friends. If I had to choose, I believe that my personality and beliefs are very Buddhist leaning. I admittedly don't know how the different aspexts of Buddhism (Zen, Tibetan, etc) are differentiated, but I'm reading a bit in a bid to nourish my spiritual side a bit more.

3. I'm grateful that my friend Rachel's Operation Africa Indie-a-GoGo was successfully funded and she'll be heading off to Africa next month to work in an HIV/AIDS clinic. Such a cool story and a fantastic cause for her to take up.

No comments:

Post a Comment