Monday, February 13, 2012

Gratefuls of the Day

This is a three week exercise that I picked up from a Ted talk on happiness and work (http://www.ted.com/talks/shawn_achor_the_happy_secret_to_better_work.html). I'm writing down three things per day that I'm grateful for in an effort to see if it shifts anything with regards to my thought processes at work. I'm doing this first thing in the AM before I leave for the office.

1. I'm grateful that I got to hang out with my mom yesterday. I did the math on this and I've seen her more times in the last four months than I had in the previous five years.

2. I'm grateful for being able to freeze my ass off at Denver's first ever Cupid's Undie Run this past Saturday. Proceeds benefitted the Children's Tumor Foundation and I think Denver raised somewhere in the neighborhood of $40-50k. Pics here; I'm told that I'm not in any of them, but I haven't scanned them myself. They are potentially NSFW and absolutely hilarious.

3. I'm grateful for the deliciousness of Novo coffee in my cup this morning. Every few days I brew a french press so I have a cup waiting for me when I first wake up, which is usually somewhere in the neighborhood of 430-500am.

No comments:

Post a Comment