Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Training Week That Was - 12/9 - 12/15

12/9
SSB Squats up to 130x3
Bunch of random lower body work.
(I'm not proud of this, but this was a total blow-off day. I was out way too late on Friday night for my company holiday party and did not plan properly. This also explains why I didn't train on 12/8.)

12/11
Long Warmup with a bunch of broomstick drills
Box Jump - worked up to 5x2 with some plates stacked on a box. No idea on height. I'll take a pic next time.
SSB Squat (I think a 30kg bar): bar x5 70x4x2 100x3 110x3 120x5x5
Front Squat Lunges - 4x5 @ 50kg
Depth Jump 3x10
Cal Back Extension + Hanging Leg Raise - Five sets each
Hypers and Traction

12/12 (legs sore as hell)
Ten minutes of time in a squat
Epsom Salt Bath
Foam Roller

12/13
Seated Box Jump to 5x2 w/ stacked boxes and plates (no seriously, I'm gonna take a picture of height)
Front Squat (w/ straps) 60x3x2 90x3 110x2 120x2 130x2 140x2 145x0/120x3x3
SSB Lunge 5x5 - 50kg
Back Extension 5x10 w/ 15kg plate behind head
GH Situp 5x10 w/ 10lbs behind head
Weighted Plank Holds (both sides and front plank) - Two sets w/ 15kg plate, One set w/ 25kg plate
Hypers and Traction

12/15
Kneeling Jumps 5x3
SSB Squat - triples up to 135x3
-Bolted after this to make my chiro appointment. A word of wisdom: getting your hand adjusted when you've got a bone bruise hurts like hell. The hand feels waaaayyyy better post-adjustment and doesn't have that "jammed-up" feeling in my thumb and index finger. Still sticking with goal of being able to snatch again on Christmas. Going to pound town on bone broth and pushing more activity with the hand.

Check this out from Mobility WOD on icing and rehabbing injuries. This makes a lot of sense, and had me diving for my old anatomy books and checking out things like venous return all over again.  This has a lot to do with why I went the contrast route right after the injury rather than straight ice. Now I'm basically heating the hell out of it and lightly compressing when I'm sedentary at work to keep things moving.



Note: I like a hot/cold shower right before bed on training days and epsom salt baths on non-training days. If I have a big backload and a lot of lower body volume, I'll get leg and foot cramps in the night. The contrast gets everything moving and seems to knock me out pretty nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment