Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Night randoms

Just a few random things here on Christmas Night while I listen to Bears/Packers and try to keep from calling EMS to pump my stomach:
1. Falafel, hummus, cucumber salad, baba ganouj, pita and homemade cheesecake DO NOT mix well together. Currently having a Royal Rumble in my stomach; no matter who wins, I lose.

2. Addendum to training plans: Chad Smith from Juggernaut was gracious enough to get me a program now, so I'm starting on that and I'm just going to train through the meet in Vegas in three weeks. I won't be posting the program Chad put together for me (gotta protect the guy's intellectual property), but suffice it to say I'm very excited to get back to training like an athlete rather than strictly as a weightlifter. Starting to look for Highland Games in 2012 as well as a PL meet to do towards the back end of the year. I love to travel for meets, so fire me a Tweet or hit my comments with some ideas. I'm curious to try the 60m indoor track sometime, but I don't even know where to start looking for such a thing besides USA Track.

3. Saw an excellent show on Dec 23; the Shaloms and the Nuns of Brixton. The Shaloms are a Ramones tribute band and the Nuns of Brixton are a Clash tribute band. They put on an insane live show and one that I feel very fortunate to have seen, especially since it was a backup plan. If either of these groups come to your town, I highly encourage you to get out and see them.

4. Due to temporary insanity, I've signed up to run 1.5 miles in my skivvies (in Denver, in February) and raise some money for the Children's Tumor Foundation. Please have a look here; any donations would be greatly appreciated. I am also accepting any suggestions for running attire as I've been trying to lose this last tiny bit of shame for quite awhile now. I have no doubts that WAAAAYYYY too many pictures will be taken and posted to various social media sites such as the Twitterz and the Bookface for public consumption/embarassment.

Seriously though: It's a great cause to give some kids a helping hand. Every little bit counts; hell just donate a dollar. Do it anonymously if you're embarrassed at only being able to give a dollar. Sidenote: NEVER be embarrassed about anything that you are GIVING. It's still more than the majority of people out there will do. One size doesn't fit all with regards to helping people; the important point is to DO SOMETHING. Be part of the solution.
5: Elitefts.com is currently selling it's annual Make A Wish manual, entitled "Programs That Work" here. Additionally, they have re-listed the previous years' manuals for sale as well. All proceeds go to the Make a Wish Foundation of Ohio. Having purchased each one of these manuals, including the "Lift Strong" manual in 2007, I can say without a doubt that it is the best collection of information you will find for $10.

Hope everyone is in the midst of an excellent time of year with loved ones, regardless of your belief/religious denomination. Five more days to make your mark on 2011, then the books are closed forever.

Always be a work in progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment